Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where else but vienna?

I'm often blessed by the awareness that the sacral adventure is not alive unless one is expanding into new horizons. Tonight I'm laying on the floor beneath a bosendorfer grand listening to our friends playing a live jam.....not jazz american style, but classical mozart, schubert, brahms, violin & viola....phillipe chiming in with dance and song.  Reminds me of how sensitive our brains/heart/endochrine systems are to acoustic music, no mikes, no cd, no digital sampling. Somehow the audible as well as non-audible acoustic spaces are filled with romance and silent messages.  Closing my eyes I can see powdered wigs and scent bottles and stuffy embroidered velvet & stain, the colors melting from one age to another, simple human emotion filling the gaps between. 

No comments: